Thursday, July 3, 2008

Man Cold - March 2008

So, my dh, who is the greatest husband of all time, came down with a cold last weekend. Although to hear it from him, he's the first person who's ever had one this bad. I can't really complain, but I will anyway, since he's been coping well with my recent and ongoing sever depressive episode like a champ. That said - what gives? Do all men shuffle around in their jammies and slippers for extended periods of time mumbling to themselves and coughing loud enough for everyone within ear shot to interpret their misery as being on the threshold of death? Do all men lie down for extended periods of time on any flat surface nearby? I want to say, though I have not, Buck-up little cowboy - take your medicine, put on your shoes and keep moving. Of course, since I have harboring these uncharitable thoughts, I myself have come down with a bad cold. Serves me right, I suppose. Buck up, little cowgirl.

Post script:

A month or so after this post, I got sick, very sick - and coughed and hacked (and peed my pants) and wheezed and sneezed with cold chills and hot sweats. It lasted for days and days and then a week, and then two. Suddenly, I had so much more compassion for my husband and vowed, that I will never again complain about how miserable he acts when he feels so bad... until next time, at least.

1 comment:

MommySquared said...

This sounds so exactly like my husband (and me!) that I had to laugh. Hope you all are well recovered! (From a fellow DCUMer).

Breana